Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr.King !!!

Although today is not the actual birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, it is very poignant that we are celebrating him today on the eve of history in the making. What a better gift to him then to have his dreams coming true. As I was reading through his famous speech, this paragraph brought tears to my eyes, and sent a chill down my spine.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. "

Tomorrow is the day that this country has shown that a man can be President based on his character and not the color of his skin. Regardless of whether your vote was for or against our new President, I believe we must all take the opportunity to look to the future. Look to what changes can be made in our country and pray that these changes will take place, for the benefit of all of us. Whether we are white or black, male or female, rich or poor. Us means all of us in these United States of America not one race, creed or religion singled out.
I pray that our Heavenly Father watches over our new President and allows him the opportunity to make the changes he feels are necessary to make this country what it once was.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails