Thursday, March 12, 2009

Come on people, it's March already...

My Grandmother is so funny, she told me this story while giggling like a school girl. It was so fun to see her laugh like that.
She and my Aunt Doreen went to stay with my Uncle over the weekend. He and his wife took them all to the home show. While there, they ran into a guy who was selling building lots, in the gated community that they live in. My Uncle introduced himself and they started to talk about where they lived. The guy said "Oh you live by that house that was all decked out with Christmas lights" Then before my Uncle could tell him that was his home. The guy said " My wife thinks that there should be a community law about people leaving there Christmas lights up after January, she is taking it to the community board at this months meeting."

My Grandmother said she had to walk away because she was laughing so hard. When they got back to my Uncle's house, he turned on the Christmas lights, just to be a brat. However, the next day it was all taken down, including the live (Fire Hazard) of a tree inside the house and the four other trees they had up.

Now I have to say, it's one thing to have Christmas decorations up inside your house in March. Only you have to look at them. (I once did the whole keeping up the alpine trees and putting seasonal decorations on them. It only lasted through Valentines Day.) But come on people the stuff outside needs to come down. No one really wants to see your light up reindeer, and inflatable snowmen on your lawn in the middle of March.
If you want to keep them up all year just put them in your backyard.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails