Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

As the sunrises on I new day, I feel a huge weight has been lifted. My heart is no longer heavy. As I poured out the thoughts and feelings I needed to express to family over the past few days it has been a great release for me. I have held in what I needed to say for a long time now.
I am so thankful for the direction we are able to receive from the prophets and leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful for the support given to me from the leaders in my ward. I am thankful for my family and friends that are there for me, that they let me know how much they love me and want me to be a part of their lives.
I was reading a discussion on MMB about reflecting on one of my favorite stories from the Old Testament, the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego.
Their are three strong words that were a huge part of this story and a huge part of my life as well.
~But if not~
As Shandrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego prayed and asked the lord to save them from the fiery furnace they stated, but if not they would never stop believing in him, they would never turn their hearts away.
Such strong words and such a strong message. I pray every day for reconciliation with my husbands family. I pray everyday something will be changed. That hearts will be softened, that compassion will be shown but if not ~ I will continue to love them, I will continue to pray for their heath and their safety. I will continue to love and have faith in my Heavenly Father.
I am so thankful for that knowledge that things will be okay even when the
but if not
happens. I know that heavenly father will still love me. I know that my family will still love me and I know that all will be okay.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails