Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Love is the thing ~ the rest is just tinsel....


I am so excited for this Christmas season. We have decided to really take the focus off of the giving of gifts. We as a family are going to be giving of ourselves to others and spending quality time with one another.
I was able to take Mason out on "Black Friday" and we were able to complete all of the purchases for the Sub for Santa families, work gifts, and people I support. So Mason was able to experience all of the excitement of the day and we had a great time.
We are now able to focus on looking forward to the holiday season. We are planning on going to see the Messiah which will open the season nicely.
Voicemale always has an incredible concert and I am this year will be no different. We have so much fun every year at their concerts and it is even funner to sit around with them after the concert and listen to them joke around. They are great guys.
We are taking my Grandmother to the Ballet this year, I am so excited for her. All of my nieces look so cute in their pretty little dresses and it is such a special time for them. It is a great girls night out.
We are planning the Skating with Santa and our annual gingerbread decorating.
But the most special of all will be spending all of these special moment and days together with family. We are going to plan on a Little House Christmas spent at my Grandmothers. With new PJ's on Chrismas Eve and reading the Christmas Story by the tree like we did when we were kids. I am so excited to share with Mason and my neices and nephews the experiences we had when we were little and I hope we will create some wonderful memories for them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are definitely simplifying this year, too. Not because of money, just because so much excess gets disgusting.
Thanks for visiting my Vintage Thingies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails