Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Spirit of.....

Christ...mas

It is the spirit of Christ that this season is truly about.

I have been so annoyed with two things I have heard over and over this week. One is "Are you all ready for Christmas?" and the second is "I can't wait for the holidays to be over." When I hear either of these statements they make me cringe.
One I do not know why you should ever be getting ready to celebrate the birth of our savior. There should be no getting ready we should just celebrate. Spend time together with those we love. Do kind deeds, reach out to those in need. Show compassion, forgiveness, empathy.
It is so sad to hear people say they cannot wait for Christmas to be over. How sad it is that one would let the hustle and bustle get in the way of the real meaning of the season. That they would allow there lives to get so overwhelmed and over scheduled that they would lose sight of the real reason that we celebrate Christmas.
As I sat in sacrament meeting today, there was such a strong spirit. The music was so beautiful and the words that were shared where so beautiful reminding us all to take time to remember why we really celebrate.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails