Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An angel in the sky ...

I have been so sad lately. Sad for a good friend whose life has been turned upside down. Sad for a family member who is struggling and I can't do anything to help her. Sad for the loss of reconcilation with a family member where it just doesn't seem to be as important to them as it is to me.
I don't feel like it is a case of the poor me's or a case of the winter blah's. My heart has truly ached for each one of these people and I have just felt so hopeless, so overly emotional, so sad.
However, yesterday a reminder was given to me. I was out walking with one of the people that I support when something caught my eye. I looked up and there it was beautiful, glowing, and larger then life. There was the Angel Moroni, standing a top the temple. The light coming off of him was so bright and so warm it just hit me and I began to cry. I felt Heavenly Father's love and knew that things will be okay.
So I cried and I walked and I walked and I cried and when I was done with that walk I felt different. I felt better, I felt like me again. I am so glad I was able to go out on that walk, at that time and see that angel in the sky. I am so thankful for the words and messages that are sent my way to help me through the tough times. I am so thankful for the ability to be able to be open to receive these words and messages when I am needing them.
So instead of Thankful Thursday this week I am having Thankful Tuesday and I am so Thankful for that Angel in the Sky.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails