Monday, March 29, 2010

I am not gonna eat it, but I guess you will....

This weekend was the Scouting for food, so as many people do food was put out for the scouts to come but and pick up. So that it could be delivered to the local food bank. I always go to the store and purchase a case or two of peanut butter, tuna, beans, and some ramen noodles. I usually will also try to find a case of fruit snacks or treats of some sort to give as well. That is the normal routine for me, but I know everyone does what they can and of coarse every little bit does help.
However, I was so bugged by what I heard on the news today. The Anchor person talked about how it was not to late to donate, and that you could just go into your cupboard and get out those things you are never going to eat.
Really!?! Get the things you are never going to eat!!! So I was just curious if they meant that the people who get food from the food bank will eat anything. I am guessing poor people don't care what they eat as long as it is food. Come on people. Think before you speak please.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails