Saturday, November 13, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends....

It is that time of year that I look at what I am thankful for in my life and all the blessing that I have been given. As promised I was going to share with you our newest family pictures as well as my latest trip to the Ballet. Both available to me in my life because I have such amazing friends.
First the Ballet. My friend Ane and I have been going to see Ballet West perform for years. We are so lucky to have the opportunity to take advantage of seeing these incredible artists perform and last weeks performance was not different. We got to see Carmina Burana and The Four Tempermants. It was beautiful dancers were just wonderful and with Carmina Burana they had a choir that was amazing. It is so nice to be able to go and spend the night taking in something that is so full of culture and to spend the evening with such a great friend. It is funny how much we enjoy one another's company and how we can laugh at so little. This nights highlight was a gentlemen wearing a U of U T-shirt who was sulking the entire evening. Now the humor behind that was that the U of U had just lost a football game 47-3 about 2 hours before the ballet started and here is this poor guy, wife has dragged him to the ballet, after his team looses. So what does he do to get back at her, he wears a t-shirt and pouts the entire night. I wish we could video tape some of this stuff. I cannot wait to see the Nutcracker which is a tradition and Swan Lake. Such wonderful memories. 

 I have several friends who are photographers, so when I wanted family pictures done all I had to do was ask. We haven't had a picture done in two years so I thought with Guido being a head taller we ought to get a new one done. I always want them done in the fall because we are all so dark and the colors are so beautiful. I had been waiting for the leaves to change and then the weather started to suck and then my friend got sick and then we went out of town and then the weather sucked again and then.......
I only added a few highlights but instead opted for the bloopers. I thought they would be more fun.
Daisy you need to be good like your brother!!!

 <><> 
Typical Guido

Our little sweetheart decided that she was not going to be her usual cooperative self.

We had so much fun taking these pictures. You would never know that it was a muddy, mucky mess. But such wonderful memories for us. Thank you Adrianne.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails