Friday, January 21, 2011

Weekly update with Jenn Jam...

Nana went home on Tuesday. It was both good and bad. Good because I can go back to being the adult, bad because now I get to worry about how much she is doing that she is still not supposed to be.

Guido asked me out of the blue this week what it would take for him to become an interpreter for the hearing impaired. I was so excited and started pulling some strings to get him registered in Sign Language classes in school.They only allow Juniors and Seniors in but we should be able to pull it off anyway. So he will be taking dual languages and I will have a tri-lingual son by the time he graduates high school. He has talked about different things he would like to do, but never talked about a specific job. I couldn't be prouder especially because he is interested in going into the Human Services Field, just like his Momma.

On a different note while meeting with his guidance counselor we learned that all he needs to do is go get the study guide from the DMV to study for his learners permit. He then just needs to take the test. I am not thinking I am ready for that yet.

I was truly wanting to hate American Idol this year but I actually think it's going to be livened up a bit. Maybe!!! I guess the jury is still out, it is only week one.

Ran into an old "friend" today. She didn't see me, which was probably a good thing. It is always amazing to me how hard life can make some people look. It also amazes me how angry people can look when they don't realize people are watching them.

We got some hard news at work about one of my dear friends. I am going to really be leaning on that faith for the next little while to get them through this tough spot. I am so thankful I have such great support with their family and co-workers to help.

I love that the days are getting longer only 58 more days until spring. So exciting. So much to look forward to this spring and summer....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails