Monday, February 27, 2012

Sweet peace....

"Sometimes we carry unhappy feelings about past hurts too long. We spend too much energy dwelling on things that have passed and cannot be changed. We struggle to close the door and let go of the hurt. If, after time, we can forgive whatever may have caused the hurt, we will tap 'into a life-giving source of comfort' through the Atonement, and the 'sweet peace' of forgiveness will be ours. Some injuries are so hurtful and deep that healing comes only with help from a higher power and hope for perfect justice and restitution in the next life. . . . You can tap into that higher power and receive precious comfort and sweet peace." ~James E. Faust "Instruments in the Hands of God," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 115

 I love the feeling of having found the sense of this higher power, comfort, and peace that as been spoken of here.I have such a strong testimony of this that I just want to be able to share it with everyone. For many years I have been a bitter, angry, unhealthy person unable to let go of the unhappiness that was held in the past, not even knowing what some of that unhappiness was. It was through our savior and my faith and trust in him that I was able to understand and work through my bitterness, my anger, and my resentment. I was told by many to have faith in the Lord, to just trust him. but until I learned how to do that for myself and how to truly let go of all that I was holding onto I was never close to finding that peace. I think that once I was able to understand and heal the anger I was holding onto from my childhood, the anger and resentments I still carried as an adult went along with them. I know that many of you have seen this change in me and have seen this change in my life. I promise you that this is what it can be attributed to. If you can find the strength to have faith in you father in Heaven, trust in him, trust that through the Atonement of our Savior you too can find the strength needed to forgive others and to forgive yourself, you will find you way to that sweet peace....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails