Wednesday, April 22, 2009

$1.03 are you kidding me...

I walked to 7-11 today to get away from my desk and out of the office on such a beautiful day. There is a guy, late twenties in front of me. He purchases his $3.00 Energy Drink and his $5.50 pack of cigarettes. Then he asks the cashier for matches. She told him that they do not give out matches anymore, but they sell lighters. Then the following conversation ensues.
He said "Can't I just take one outside, light my smoke and I will bring it back?"
She said "No, they are for sale."
He said "This is such bleep-bleep I cannot believe 7-11 is so bleep cheap."
She said "I am sorry you feel that way, 7-11 is just looking out for the best interests of their customers by not enabling smoking by giving out free matches." ( We'll sell them but will not give you free flame to light them.)
He said " Give me the bleep cheapest one."
She rings it up and tells him the total.
He proceeds to freak out yelling "$1.03 for a bleep lighter, are you bleeping kidding me."
I begin to get impatient and say "Dude, I'll cover your lighter. Just take it and have a nice day."
He said "Thanks, mam." turned and left.
So I didn't buy him the lighter so I could enable him with his smoking. I bought him a lighter because I was really close jumping all over him about the fact that he was spending $8.50 on jacked up sugar water and poison for his lungs (As well as everyone else unlucky enough to have to breathe his air) Yet he was complaining about spending another $1 for a lighter. It makes no sense to me.
Anyway the cashier rang up the lighter and rang up my drink.
I looked at her and said, "$2.63 are you kidding me, can I just take the drink outside for a minute. I promise I'll bring it right back."
She smiled, voided my drink and said " The drinks on us. Have a nice day."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails