Friday, June 12, 2009

The best is yet to come...


Sometimes things just seem to come at me at the right time. I know and am grateful to know that this is coming directly from Heavenly Father. He seems to provide me with just the right scriptures, thoughts, or stories when they are most appropriately needed. I can be in deep meditation or prayer about something in my life and I can open up the scriptures and there is the exact thing I am needing to read. The same goes with the Daily Gems. It seems if I am searching for something in my life I will open my email and there it is.
This morning was no different. It has been a long week, and as I woke up this morning I just wanted to stay in bed. Since that wasn't an option I got up to face the day. After reading scriptures, I went in to check my email and sure enough there in the Daily Gems was a piece of this talk from Elder Tom Perry. I went into the Church archives and there in the archives was just what I needed.
"There are cycles of good and bad times, ups and downs, periods of joy and sadness, and times of plenty as well as scarcity. When our lives turn in an unanticipated and undesirable direction, sometimes we experience stress and anxiety. One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us—to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic. Perhaps when difficulties and challenges strike, we should have these hopeful words of Robert Browning etched in our minds:“The best is yet to be”. We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and
the best is yet to come. "
L. Tom Perry, "Let Him Do It with Simplicity," Ensign, Nov. 2008, 7
As I struggled through this week, there has been so much thought and prayer about what the next life holds, loss of family, loss of friends, and that eternal struggle with making everything right with the world, for myself, for my family, and for all of the people in my life that I care so much about .
I am so thankful that I have a Heavenly Father that provides me with the encouragement that I need to get through my challenges. I am thankful to have such a wonderful husband and amazing son.I am so thankful I have wonderful family and friends that support us when life sends those struggles and storms my direction and I am most thankful for the knowledge that

THE BEST REALLY IS YET TO COME!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails