Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"We're adults... When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?"

One of my closest friend became a grandmother today, a grandmother, I keep saying it over and over but it doesn't sink in. When I look at her I don't see a granmother, when I look at her I see my friend out rafting on the river, out climbing up and down cliff faces, I could go on and on and on. Just like when we look at our brothers and sisters, our friends do not age either. We still see one another as we once were. I don't notice the gray hairs starting to pop out, or the wrinkles starting to form at least until they are pointed out.
I am guessing that I have many years ahead of me before I am a grandmother. So I imagine this whole grandmother thing will eventually sink in. Eventually....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails