Saturday, December 12, 2009

Girls night out, again ......


Another beautiful evening at the Ballet. One of our Christmas traditions is to go to the Nutcracker. My grandmother wanted to go with us this year. So that was her gift from our family. She was so cute the entire time. At dinner she sat in awe at the restauraunt. She just kept saying "I can't believe I am out on the town this late." It made me smile. We went to dinner at the Olive Garden and then off to the ballet.
The ballet was wonderful as always and we had a great time. She and Katyana were so sweet together. Nana would ask a question and Katyana would sit and explain different things to her.
My grandmother said it perfectly this morning when she said two things. One she said "I am getting to old for Christmas presents. You kids shouldn't be buying anything you don't want back in a few years."
She then said something that really sunk in and is funny because it goes right along with our Christmas this year. She said "The best gifts are not presents or money, they are memories. Things break and money comes and goes but memories last a life time. So Jenny(which she is allowed to call me) always make an effort to make the memories good ones because they are so very important."
She is such a wise woman and I am so grateful that I have her as part of my life. Mason and Eric just adore her and she is so special to each and every one of us. She has taught us so many valuable lessons and we are so blessed to have her that I am more then happy that we could provide this wonderful memory for her.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails