Friday, December 11, 2009

Generational, Technical, Gap.....

Sometimes I think that the hardest thing for the older generation is the technological advances that have occurred over the years. Even in my lifetime they have improved by leaps and bounds. Today though I got to see the how difficult and confusing it is first hand.
My Grandmother called and asked if we could come out to my Aunt's house and have Eric hook up her VCR. I called Eric and he said sure and so began the signs of how bad it really is for the older generation dealing with modern day technology.
First of all we get to her house to find what needs to be hooked up is a DVD player not a VCR.
Then whomever helped hook it up the first time around has one cord hooked up to the back of the DVD player but nothing hooked into the TV. So basically we drove 50 miles that took Eric 2 minutes to fix.
But the best of all was when my Aunt Doreen asked Eric "How you went about rewinding DVDs?" all Eric could do was shake his head and laugh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails