Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions~ Your own personal road paving kit...

Every year I see it and hear it. Come January 1st, those resolutions that are set and intended to be kept. I go to the gym and try to get on my usual elliptical, the same one I normally just walk onto from February to December. I always have to wait on in January. Why is that you may ask?
Resolutions.
New Years Resolutions!!!

It is annoying for the month of January but I always know come February the resolution group fades away and the regulars are left to their normal routine. Now I am not to say that a few of the Newbies don't become regulars, because they do. But the crowd thins out and by the first week or so in February the Gym is back to normal.
Now I personally do not make resolutions. I will choose to get rid of something, as I did in a previous post. I will continue to do something, like love my friends and family or I may try to improve on somethings, like my health. I like to make goals both large and small. I like to make plans around those goals to make them attainable. But I have found with a resolution. it just doesn't work for me.
In looking back at what I had written on January 1st 2009. I have done all of the things I have committed to doing in my life and will commit to doing those same things again.I am also going to pay a little more attention to my Bucket list this year. More to come on that later....

~New Years Day~
" Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions.
Next week you can begin paving with them as usual."
~Mark Twain

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails