Saturday, January 30, 2010

"One way to measure your success is to listen to how your child talks about you to his friends."

I was in the kitchen on Friday after school making a snack for Mason and a few of his friends. They were all sitting at the bar and they just made me smile to listen to their chatter. Calvin had to tell me all about how he had the best time in flex because a girl was flirting with him. Jared was rolling his eyes and Mason was just laughing at them both.
They then started on the subject of how cool it was going to be when Calvin got his learners permit next year. Calvin is the oldest of the group of friends, and he will be driving about six months ahead of the rest of them.
On and on they went. I just kept cooking and they kept chatting away. I love the fact that they will sit and talk with me, tell me about school, about girls, about whatever they want to talk about. I am glad I have that relationship with Mason and am happy his friends feel comfortable enough to talk to me as well.
They are all such a good group of boys. I have to be honest it makes me a little teary eyed to think of any of them getting driver licences, that will come and go and the next thing I know they will be talking about where they want to go on their missions. Oh wait, they're already doing that. I think our little boys our growing into young men.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails