Saturday, February 13, 2010

That's my boy....

Normally, Sunday morning I am the first one up. I get up early get myself all ready for church other then getting dressed and read, until it's time to drag the rest of the crew up and out of bed. This Sunday was a little different and a little unexpected. As I lay in bed thinking about the day ahead I heard someone in the kitchen, it wasn't Eric, he still slept soundly next to me. I jumped up thinking someone may have left the door to the pantry open and Daisy was in the garbage. But it wasn't Daisy it was Guido. He looked at me and said, " Happy Valentines Day Mom!" He had made Eric and I breakfast for Valentines Day. What amazed me the most about it is that he had got up early to make us breakfast. Normally I am having to pull him out of bed early to for church but he made it a point to get up just to do something special for his Dad and I. I am so proud of this boy. I am so proud of the man he is growing into and I am so proud of the man he is going to be. He is such a thoughtful, amazing kid and there is not one store bought item that could have made a more wonderful gift.
"Love doesn't make the world go round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
Author: Franklin P Jones

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails