Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Friends are like bras....close to your heart & there for support

Ever since my car was stolen, I will suffer from boughts of Post Traumatic Anger. (not a real diagnosis) Triggered by suddenly realizing I am needing or missing something that was taken when the car was stolen. Last week I was so mad because I discovered that my jumper cables no longer exist in my car. Luckily, the person I was trying to help out had their own set.
Anyway, about a month ago I was talking to a friend of mine on Facebook This is a friend I have reconnected with and if it wasn't for this wonderful forum of technology it would probably be years before I saw her again. We spent years working together and were really good friends. So we are doing the chat thing and I was telling her how mad and frustrated I was because I had lost most of my CD's when my car was stolen. She empathized and we chatted about other things.
Well Saturday I received a package from her in the mail. I could not believe what was inside. She had sent me about 30 CD's. So many memories and so many good times, just wrapped up in a little package and on all of these great CD's. I couldn't wait to get them all loaded up and ready for the gym.
When I thanked her, she in her shy little demeanor said" Well that is what friends do for one another." That is so very true and I am so very thankful to have such a wonderful friend like her in my life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails