Monday, March 15, 2010

Katie Bug...

This is my sweet niece Katie. Yesterday we got to celebrate her turning 18 years old. I cannot believe how time has flown. She is now so grown up and such a lovely young lady. She has grown into an amazing person. I have enjoyed every precious moment I have spent with her. Katie has a strong sense of who she is and loves being with family. She loves to spend time with her siblings and all of her cousins. Here is a teenager who will in the summertime insists on dragging all the kids along to the lake or the drive-in with her and her friends.
I have a special place in my heart for my dear Katie Bug, as my first niece. I am so very proud of her and am so glad she wants to be involved and not be the typical teenager. Katie and I have grown closer over the last while, since she calls me just to vent or to talk. I am so grateful that she feels that she can trust me enough to talk to me when she needs to. It is nice to know that I am someone she is able to turn to. I hope she will always feel like she is able to do that.
Katie will be graduating in the spring and heading off to college in the fall. It is funny that even though she will be right here in the same state, it makes me all teary eyed just to think about it.
Happy Birthday Katie, We love you !!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails