Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday...

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."
~ Clara Ortega My little brother is having some health issues and I have been after him to get checked. So he called me yesterday afternoon to tell me he wasn't "Dying" That's how he started the conversation. "So I wanted to let you know I am not dying"
I don't think he got the response he expected because I started to cry. All of the sudden I got hit with the thought of losing one of my Bothers or my Sister. I know one day that will happen but the reality of it just hit me.
I realized how much I love them and how grateful I am to have them as part of my life. Although we have had our bumps in the road we always smooth them out and move on, never wanting to waste anytime living without being a part of one anothers lives.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails