Monday, February 7, 2011

While you were sleeping .....

Typically after having taken a medication for years one suddenly does not begin to exhibit side effects to the medication or do they? I guess maybe they do.
Being an insomniac since about birth, I finally was given a medication to help with sleeping. I take a vacation from it on a regular basis because it loses it's effectiveness every few months. So I will suck it up and switch to Melatonin for a few weeks or until I can't stand it anymore and have to sleep. I took a vacation about a month ago and have returned to my sleep med but apparently have began to experience a big side effect.
Zolpidem Tarate (or Ambien)  has a few side effects as all medications do. It has the usual, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth. None of which I have experienced. Then the stranger one, where people do things they don't realize such as: fixing entire meals and eating them, driving to the store and shopping, and the one I just discovered sending emails.
A friend of mine called me today and asked me why I emailed him at 3:00 am last night. I was so confused but sure enough when I looked in my sent mail, there it was. A nice, horribly written, rambling, misspelled, email. He thought maybe I had started drinking and was just still partying from the Superbowl. But I assured him I had long been in bed before 3:00am. As I looked further into my sent box I noticed that there were several more middle of the night emails. All rambling, misspelled, terrible emails. Luckily I have no work contacts in my personal email. But to all of you family and friends out there who might have received some random middle of the night email. Sorry, at least it wasn't a phone call.(Apparently people do that as well.) No wonder I have been so tired lately. I guess it's time for another vacation.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails