Thursday, July 21, 2011

Health is like money......

We never have a true idea of it's value until we lose it.~ Josh Billings
 This is a picture of me a little less then two years ago. That is probably one of the most unhealthiest points I had been in at my life. Both emotionally and physically. I know now personally how weight is controlled by your emotions and what you are keeping inside of yourself. It is so important to be able to keep both your emotional well being in check to benefit your physical health. I am so thankful to have finally been able to discover and deal with that. 
I have so many people ask me what I am doing, what diet I am on, what exercises I am doing and when I tell them nothing. They don't believe me. People have thought I have had a variety of different weight loss surgeries but I haven't. 
What I have done is allowed myself to forgive.I put my faith in Heavenly Father to guide me through what I needed to see and be taught. I have allowed myself to let go of the abusive treatment I have gone through and no longer allowed it to control me. Once I began to open the drawers that I needed to and look at what was inside them, I realized it was okay. I am no longer an child. I don't have to take abuse or be treated badly by anyone. After I really began to believe and understand that. Once I was able to control that for myself, the weight just began to leave. It is kind of like each memory weighs a pound and each one I remember, process, and control. Goes away. 
I have lost and gained weight back and forth for years but this time it is different, this time I can feel it's gone. I believe that is because I am also taking control of those current people in my life that I have difficult relationships with. I think because I didn't have those memories from my childhood, I was allowing the people around me to fill them with memories, good or bad as long as it was some sort of familiar memory. Which I realized is not healthy and is no longer being allowed. I want healthy relationships, for a healthy me.
I couldn't be more thankful for those that have helped me along the way. Those that have been there to support me through all of the tears and the pain and actually those who haven't . Because they make me stronger, healthier me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails