Monday, November 12, 2012

A Musical Hunger Games....

I haven't done a weekly update in such a long time and since I have been so crazy busy and so much has gone on I figured what the heck.
Well, first of all unless you are living in a bubble...
Congratulations Mr. President
This election seemed to be such a long one, it dragged on forever. It seemed to bring out such hate and ugliness in so many. I was shocked by the things that I heard said by people I thought were such good Christians, people that said they were representing the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints." So sad that people couldn't see how hateful they were being.I about bit my tongue off  refraining from comment.
However, it is now over, the people have spoken and we now need to look forward.

I had the opportunity to attend the Kim Peek awards ceremony on Friday night. For those of you who don't know who Kim Peek was, he was the "real " Rain Man. He was an amazing man and they have created an award after him honoring those who have gone out of their way to advocate for individuals with mental illness and mental health issues. Carrie Fisher won the award this year. She is an amazing women, so talented, so funny and so real. Way more then just Princess Leah.

I opened the ballet season going to see the fall triple bill. It was wonderful as usual. The Lottery was wonderful they pulled you in and kept you on the edge of your seat waiting to see who would be the "chosen" one. I laughed listening to one of the ladies in the lobby likening to the "Hunger Games." I guess you could say that. A musical Hunger Games....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails