Friday, December 5, 2008

The Reason for the Season

As I thought about what I could write today for Flashback Friday. I couldn't think of a better thing to write about then my nativities. I collect Nativities and for the past 15 years I have bought one for myself for Christmas. As I began setting them out this year I reflected on the memories that each of these nativities bring back for me. As many people go out on the search for the perfect present. I am searching for the nativity I will buy for the year. They are not always actual displays, sometimes they are in the form of an ornament, a candle, a card, or even a book. But no matter what form they come in they are a reminder to me about what Christmas time really truly is about.

Nativity from Kenya

The first Nativity I ever bought



My mother gave me this one

Celtic Nativity - This was last year's

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails