Thursday, March 26, 2009

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed...

The other day I had stopped to get some gas in my car. I was talking to my girlfriend Aneliese on the phone.
Yes, I was pumping gas while talking on the phone.
Yes, I have heard you shouldn't talk on the cell phone while pumping gas.
However, I am an avid fan of Mythbusters and saw them disprove the entire cell phone and gas pump explosion thing.
Anyway, I am pumping and talking when this women shows up at the pump two pumps down. I will bet you will never guess what happens next....
Yep, she starts viciously yelling at me about how I am going to blow everyone up and am I stupid and don't know how to read, and on and on and on.
This women is yelling loud enough that Ane can hear her on the phone. I looked at her and said being smart" I don't believe it, I saw it disproved on Mythbusters." She screamed "Do you believe everything you see on TV, are you stupid." She continued to yell/slash talked to herself about how stupid I was.
Since I was done pumping my gas and done being yelled at by this women.
I turned to her and said "Mam,you have a wonderful day today."
Her,tangent began again with her saying "You, I hope you blow up."
Now normally, I have a pretty smart mouth and will pop off right back at someone like this. I had numerous comebacks to say to her but it just didn't seem right.
I got to thinking how sad it was that something was so bad in this women's life that she would have to lash out like that at a complete stranger. I really hope she just got up on the wrong side of the bed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails