Saturday, March 21, 2009

You want me to eat what...

This is the last of the Mason birthday posts. We finally made it to the party. It was a bit of a struggle. What do you do for a 13 year old that isn't kiddie, or outrageously expensive. I thought and thought and finally came up with ...

We did the physical challenge, which was a race while standing on two by fours.
We then did the gross relay. With the black widow jello eat off, egg race, dirty diaper face off, and the marble hunt.
Then we had the eat the gross stuff part. They had 100 year old eggs- Boiled eggs soaked in pickled beet juice, Maggot Jello Balls- jello made with chicken broth and rice inside, Coconut Grubs- Mandarin Oranges soaked in Black dye, and assorted smelly fish.
All topped off with the Cow Patty Cake.
I was so glad that the day turned out so beautiful and I didn't have to do any of it inside my house.What a mess, but what fun. I am so thankful that everything came off as planned and I was able to provide such fun memories for the kids. The boys said they had a blast.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails