Wednesday, May 20, 2009

3 months included...


When we began looking for our new home I was looking for one special feature. You probably would think it would be lots of bedrooms, a big kitchen, a garden tub. Nope! The most important feature to me was having a place for food storage.
I never really realized how important having a good food storage supply was until this year. I challenged myself to be creative and actually utilize my storage. I did that for two reasons. One to get into the habit of creating a good rotation schedule and two to see if I could do it. I did and have been very proud of myself. I recently had 16 people over for dinner and only had to spend 7 dollars because I used items out of our storage to create the menu and the meal and believe it or not there wasn't a ramen noodle to be seen.
As I am packing and getting ready to move my sister, sister-in-laws and I had this discussion. We have decided that it should be a law that when you buy a home or sell a home the food storage stays. There should be a stipulation that if you do not have storage you have to supplement it in the selling price of the home. What a deal. No moving huge water containers, no moving bags of rice, and no moving cases of peanut butter. Wouldn't that be great.
I can keep on dreaming. I will get back to packing up my food storage and be thankful that I have it.

1 comment:

GreenJello said...

I really HATE moving food storage. Whenever I move, I give a LOT of food away. And as soon as I know I'm going to move, I try to exist completely off food storage until the deed is done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails