Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh Happy Day....

Some of my friends from work and I where just sitting down to lunch and chatting about the whole stolen car things. When my phone rang. It was the Salt Lake police department.
They found my car!!!
I was so excited. I hurried and wrote down the address, and ran out the door to take custody of my car. I began to drive in the direction the car was when I realized I had walked out of the office without the address. I called the office and asked someone to get it off my desk. No sooner did she read it to me then I saw my car. I couldn't believe it. The car was less then a mile from my office.
I got out of the car and got to see this....







and this...










and this...

So not to bad on the outside. Three of the four brand new tires were blown. When I opened the door only to be hit in the face with a huge gust of smoke. Not even cigarette smoke, but really smelly, harsh, cigar smoke. I looked inside the car to see that it had been cleaned out. The car looked like it did when I first bought it. Although they had very nicely left my First-Aid kit in the trunk, everything else is gone. But of course these are just things. there are so many worse things that one can lose in their lives.
The real sad part is that in the back seat they had left several my little ponies, and I pretty sure they do not belong to Mason.
They had driven the car around 1500 miles and the trunk was full of pine needles and leaves. I do hope the enjoyed their camping trip. Which I know weren't ours because I had just had the car fully detailed the day before they had taken it. The stolen plates on the car were from another Green 2007 Subaru Outback.
On a good note they left me with a full tank of gas.
Really though, I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven. This was something that I needed to have at this very time in my life. I sometimes feel as if Heavenly Father is not there for me. I think it may have to do with the fact that recently I have really struggled with keeping up with my part of the covenants that I have made. But I think it is situations like this that are provided to us, to renew our faith. Situations to renew our strength and situations to remind us just how real the power of prayer can be. This time I do not know that I will ever forget.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails