Friday, July 17, 2009

What would we do without them...

I took my car into the mechanics to get all the innards checked before our trip and there I made an amazing discovery.
First off, I have to say that I am blessed. Before my brother Brett went out on the road trucking, he worked in a Auto Shop for several years. So I have never really had to pay for any type of maintenance on my car other then for cost. So now that he is traveling all over I asked him where I could take my car and he sent me to a friend of his that has been a buddy for years.
So I am sitting in the lobby waiting for them to finish up my loaner car when I began to make some observations. I looked at the different cars that they where working on. In the shop they had Brett's mustang, a Mercedes, a Nissan, and a tractor. Yes, a very interesting mix of vehicles. I decided to go sit outside. Even though James' shop is pretty clean, I always feel so gross sitting in an Auto Shop, something with the smell association of that greasy, dirty, smell just grosses me out.
Anyway, I am looking at the other vehicles outside. There are a few tractors, a beautiful boat, a bmw, and a truck. Again more randomness in the vehicles.
James wife, Nicole pulls up in her cute convertable BMW. She and I talk for awhile because I haven't seen her since she was dating one of my brothers. She said she was taking James to go and pick up his Range Rover he just got done getting custom fitted.
Now, I am not a huge car person. If I had all the money in the world I would still be driving my Subaru ( Although , I probably would have some sort of convertable fun car for the weekends(:)
But I really came to a realization. As Mason continues to expand his interest in vehicles, there will be no encouraging him to be a doctor or an attorney, I will strongly continue to encourage his interest in car. My boy is going to be a mechanic. That is where it is at.
Disclaimer: Really I would never push Mason into anything.
He can do whatever he wants to in his future. The sky is the limit.
Although, I am really going to try and highlight the fun of autoshop in Highschool.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails