Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Scarred for life or have I created a monster...

As I stated in a previous post that I am a huge fan of haunted houses but I didn't pass this on to my son. He always has been scared but today he got over the fear and now he's hooked.
At church on Sunday one of Mason's friends asked if he could go with them to Nightmare on 13th street. I told him he could ask Mason but he probably wouldn't go. So Sunday evening Jared and his dad came over to hang out for a bit. They convinced Mason to go or so they thought. Yesterday he was so excited about it, today was a different story. When I got home from work Mason said he was sick and did not want to go. I told him he needed to call Jared and let know. But he should tell him he didn't want to go not that he was sick. Jared and Calvin came over to get Mason and he told them he wasn't going. they tried to talk him into it but Mason wasn't budging. Jared told him to call if he changed his mind.
He struggled for the next fifteen minutes and then he decided to go. He called Jared to tell him he was coming and off he went.
When I told Eric he went he said watch when he comes through the door he is going to say "Thanks Mom you scarred me for life." How wrong Eric was. Mason came bouncing in the door talking one hundred miles an hour. He said after he threw up he had a blast and couldn't wait to go back.
I am so excited that I now have a companion in my love of being spooked and look forward to taking Mason to haunted houses. We are hoping to hit a few before the end of the week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails