Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Girls Day Out....

Having an only child I know joy of being able to spend one on one time with your child. Having been a child in a family of five I know important it is to be able to spend quality one on one time with your children and how hard that can be. I feel the same way about being able to have that opportunity with my nieces and nephews and try to give them individual time when I can. This Saturday I took my niece Avery out for the day with Aunt Jenny.
We had a girly day full of girly things. Including Hailey's cheer competition. Sarah's pageant, and ended the day going to see "Sleeping Beauty" by Ballet West at Capitol Theatre.
It was such and amazing day. It was so wonderful to see the thrill and excitement in my nieces eyes as she stepped into that beautiful theatre. As the music began to play and the dancers came on her excitement was priceless. I kept looking at her to see if she was falling asleep but not a head nod. She absorbed every minute of it. She talked the entire way home. All about the princess, and the bad fairy, and the prince and on and on.....I loved it.

I was so happy to have been able to share that experience with her and hope the memories of that night will be something that she will always cherish and enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails