Sunday, February 6, 2011

Moments in time....

"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." ~ Charles R. Swindoll

Today I was reminded how precious the memories we instill in our children are. As we were sitting in Sacrament meeting my nephew Tiko looked up at me and asked if I remembered the first day that Mason had passed the sacrament. I told him "Yes." and asked "Why?" He said, "Well, when I am old enough to pass the sacrament, Mason will be gone on his mission but will you be there?" I told him "Sure, I will be there." We then sat there quiet, I looked at him as he watched Mason as he passed the sacrament. He saw me watching him, he reached over, grabbed my hand, kissed it and said, " I love you Aunt Jenny."
With tears, I hugged him and said "I love you too."
What an amazing experience. I realize that as parents we make notes of our children's milestones, preserving them in our minds to recall at a later date. I don't know why but I never really thought about how our children preserved those memories or what caused them to recall them at some later time. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to have been able to share these moments with the children in my family. It makes me proud to know that they are special to them and that they play an important part of their lives.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails