Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I did it.....

Several years ago I told my Uncle I was going to run down the mountain with him. This year  
I DID IT!!!
Although without my Uncle. I did it all on my own and I have to say it was one of the most amazing experiences ever. For many years I have made excuses. I can't do it because.....
But this year when I woke up on Friday morning, after saying my morning prayers, I looked at my running shoes. Put them on and off I went. It was so peaceful and energizing.
The long road behind me. I took this just as I began to get into town.

View from the top. This is the view of the valley from one of the foothills. As you begin to leave the canyon.
I was so glad I finally put faith in myself to take this goal on. It was 4.9 miles from our trailer in the canyon to my grandmothers home. It was so empowering to me that the feeling of that first trip down the canyon is going to sustain me for some time. My goal is to run up it next year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails