Monday, December 12, 2011

The Big Jesus and the little land plus a whole bunch of tradition.......

This weekend was one of those back to back fun filled, family filled weekends. My sister's children and both of my brother's children came to stay for the weekend. We started with Friday going to Temple Square to see the lights.We decided to take Trax down so we didn't have to deal with the parking. The kids enjoyed the train ride and Eric and I laughed at all of the people giving us weird looks having nine children in tow.
Waiting for the train
Pretty Girls
Cute kiddos
The "big" Jesus, as Lorin said. She wanted to see the big Jesus and the little land.
The entire crew.

Me and my boys.
The next morning I took T's kids up for a visit. It was so nice to visit her and be able to "talk" without having to be in group. I cannot wait for her to be home. I miss being able to just pick up the phone and chat. She is doing very well, actually amazing.
Our next event was the "Jamo's Annual Gingerbread House building event." We had new guest this year with my cousin Mitzi, her daughter, Torann, and her daughter, Mikel. They had a wonderful time. It was so much fun since it was their first time ever making houses.
Mitzi and her cute outhouse.
Aunt Jenny and Link's
Guido and his masterpiece
Mikey the little artist

Sweet Ave
Sarah Bear

Rachie

Lorin

Mikel

Kenya

Tiko
Sunday evening we went to Eric's sisters house for a traditional Polish Christmas dinner. With all of the classic dishes including homemade Cream of Mushroom soup, Pirogi, Fish,and stuffed mushrooms. The best was my Brother-in-law John brought Sledzie, which is pickled herring. It is something that is an acquired taste, I myself actually enjoy it. He told each of his children he would pay them each $1.00 to eat a piece. Keygan at his, Chloe ate hers and then she even came back for a second one (She has some taste that girl.) Then even little Kyler wanted a piece and he chowed it like candy. What cute kids they are.
I also was able to give Chloe a special bracelet that I give to each of my nieces when they have been baptized. Since we were not able to attend her baptism I still wanted her to have one and wanted her to know how much she was loved by her Uncle Eric and I. I asked my Mother-in-Law what she thought about me giving it to her and she agreed that I should. I told Chloe how sorry we were that we weren't able to make it to her special day and that we would have been there had we could. I let her know how proud we were that she had chose to become a member of the church and that I loved her so very much.
Overall it was a great evening, great food, and great company.
What a wonderfully busy weekend. One of those that although I was completely exhausted come Monday morning. I wouldn't take it back for anything.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails