Friday, January 13, 2012

I sure hope so....

“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley -

2 comments:

Alison said...

Cute quote! Cute blog. New follower from MMWB. Have a great weekend.

Jenn said...

Thanks Alison! I love sister Hinckley she is so wise. I figure if I can be one tenth of the women she is I'll be happy. =c)

Related Posts with Thumbnails