Monday, February 27, 2012

Not a day to late....

Today while at my hairdresser's she was telling me how she had just returned from her sister-in-law's funeral. A sister-in-law that she had never met, even though she and her husband had been married for 26 years, a sister-in-law that lives less then 50 miles from her, a sister-in-law that is in the same state.
Her husband and his sister had a falling out several years before they had married and they had never spoke since. At least until he got a phone call that his sister had only one hour left to live. He rushed to her side and they made their amends, she then passed away.
As Jan was telling me this story tears were in my eyes as I thought of my husband and his family. I thought of all the years that could have continued to be wasted. I am so thankful that we are no longer in this place with his family and that won't ever have to worry that we waited until it was too late.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails