Monday, February 16, 2009

Batteries not included...


I was driving home from my sister's last night with my mother and my niece Rachie and my nephew Tiko. Rachie is asleep and I thought Tiko was also when all of the sudden the following conversation ensues.

" Aunt Jenny, guess what I learned about it church today"

"Share with me what you learned"

"I learned that we are like batteries"

"Batteries?"

"Yes, and I think my battery is dying"

"Your battery is dying, are you going to be sick"

" I think so, I feel like I might throw-up"

"Okay, buddy hang on and all pull over"

"Actually, Aunt Jenny I don't think it's throw-up, my tummy is just all grumbly"

"Are you hungry, do you want something to eat"

"Yes, I think that will fix my battery"

"Hold on a minute and I will get you a cookie or a brownie"

I pull over on the freeway, get in the trunk of the car and pull out a brownie and a cookie (Options) as well as a water bottle because I know what is coming next.

" Here you go buddy this should help."

Silence from the back seat for a minute.

"Aunt Jenny, I am thirsty."

I hand him the water bottle.

"Aunt Jenny, I can't get it open"

I take the bottle back open it and hand it back.

"Aunt Jenny"

"Yes Tiko"

"I think my battery is all fixed and it isn't going to die"

"I am so happy to hear that"

"Next time my battery is dying though, I think we could fix it faster if we just went to McDonald's"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails