Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day...

Today in true pioneer fashion we went on a trek. It was a long trek but I was so excited I could barely contain myself. Since we were in the neighborhood we decided to trek ourselves on down to....
The Grand Canyon.
As we drove and drove the more Mason said "Where is it Mom, where is the Grand Canyon, I don't see it Mom, where is it? How much further? When are we going to be there?" Thank goodness for built in DVD/TV's in cars.
So yeah, not the true Pioneer Trek, no built in TV's in the covered wagons. But a trek for us none the less.
We finally arrived and began to walk towards the lodge. Once we got to the lookout spot, Mason looks at me and says " That's the Grand Canyon, that's all it is, Wow, can we go back to the hotel now."
Of coarse we stayed, enjoyed the amazing views, and spent some quality time together as a family. I am so thankful that we were able to go and see something that some people go there entire lives without seeing. We are so very blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails