Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up."

~ Jack Handy

Whenever I go to pick Eric up from work I take Daisy along for the ride. I have never met a dog who loves car rides more and I absolutely love to take her along. She loves to sit in the front seat and look out the window.

It makes me smile to watch her make even the toughest of men melt when they see her at a stop light. She is the sweetest dog. Everyone loves her, my grandmother adores her, and so do most people that meet her, even the least of dog lovers.
She is so smart. We have had to do very little training. None of our houses have had gates or fences and she stays in the yard without them, she will stay at your side without a leash. If she has a leash on she will actually hold it in her mouth herself and she never had any problem with house training, it just happened.
The best of tricks is Eric has taught her to be sneaky. He will tell her to come here but to "Shh be sneaky", and she will crawl on her belly wherever her is. It is so funny.

Daisy and one of her many babies
So today as I was thinking about things I was thankful for, I had to give thanks to my beautiful four legged friend, who is not just a pet but is truly part of our family.


Jinx (Daisy's Beau) Daisy and Zoe

1 comment:

Chris said...

I love Jack Handy, his deep thoughts, and your family :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails