Saturday, February 20, 2010

"A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."

My sister and I try to get our kids together whenever we can, so a few weeks ago we talked about taking the kids to Mount Pleasant for a weekend of snowmobiling and playing in the snow.
We stopped to pick up my little brothers boy and we were off to my grandmothers to play.
When we arrived Guido was a little disgusted because of the lack of snow. But by some glorious miracle from Heaven above by this morning there was plenty enough to play on the snowmobile and then some. So with the snow gear on and the machine gassed up the kids played and played and played some more.



Creating these amazing memories is so important to me,memories that will be with them forever. I am so glad that my brothers and sisters want there children to have these special times and experiences with their cousins. These are years and moments that they will never be able to get back. So if we do not seize the opportunity now they will be gone forever. I think about my niece Katie who will be turning 18 next month . It seems like only yesterday she was born and now she is all grown up. I was talking on the phone to her the other day and she was telling me about something she remembered from our very first house when we lived in Salt Lake. It made me so thankful to know that I had provided her with that happy memory and that is something she would be able to carry with her for the rest of her life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails