Thursday, April 8, 2010

Phd or no Phd sometimes they should just be smacked....


Sometimes I wonder how a doctor with years
and years of schooling could absolutely, positively have Zero common sense.

What is wrong with this picture???

An 80+ year old woman

A Valium

Last minute surgery on the right eye ~ thus limiting vision in the right eye

Allowing said women (Who I might add drives like a stereo typical 80

+ year old woman)to get behind the wheel of an automobile

to drive 50+ miles to her sister's home.


When I called my grandmother this afternoon to see how she had made out at the doctor's, I about died. She said the doctor decided to do the surgery he was just supposed to be consulting her about, TODAY!!! and she is just to nice and sweet to say no.

Thank goodness all went well and that no one was hurt.

Although she has told me I am not allowed, I am going to be calling that doctor's office tomorrow and giving them a little piece of my mind. How dare they put her on the spot, guilt her into having last minute surgery without anyone there to support her and then send her off to drive herself home, endangering herself and every person she passed as she drove down the freeway. It makes me so mad I just want to give the doctor a big old "what were you thinking" smack on the back of the head.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Good for you for wanting to speak up for her!

Sometimes doctors just don't tell you enough.

Your blog has a very pretty background.

Related Posts with Thumbnails