Saturday, August 21, 2010

National Lampoon's Johnson Family Vacation....

This years theme at the family reunion was "Lights, Camera, Action." Each family was tasked with creating a 10 minute movie that they would film on Saturday and we would watch Saturday night. In May I was sent an email that I was chosen as the director for the Johnson family, and I needed to come up with a "movie" we would be doing. I would have chosen a horror movie, being that we were in the mountains. No need, for props, or scenery. But since I needed to keep it at least PG rated we opted for National Lampoons Family Vacation. One of my Grandfather's favorite movies.
I had Eric write the script with help from my brother Michael, my grandmother, and my Mom. Guido helped with the filming and the editing. We were supposed to tape the entire movie at the Power Plant, but I took a few creative liberties and had some pre-editing done.Since our producer was supposed to be gone to Scout Camp that weekend but they ended up cancelling. Dang bears! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails